Fiction Adaptation: Test shots and fabric experiments


Test Shots and Fabric experiments

After purchasing over 20 metres of fabric, I needed to see how plausible my idea was and create the installation that I will be using for my video. I had no knowledge of how to do so beforehand so it took a lot of playing around. There were a few set backs such as the rules of the house set by the landlord. We aren't allowed to create new holes in the walls or use blue tack for any purpose so already I was limited with how I could set it up. However,  each wall had one hook that you were allowed to use so I had to make use of this and create the effect that I wanted. I really enjoyed creating this. Below are some of the test shots that I did; 








I turned the lights off and played around with the placements of the LED lights to get the desired effect. I feel like an eerie, dark feeling was created here and I am happy with it because I think it will fit the theme of the poem so much more. I added a filter from a little picture editing app to get a better feel for how it could look if I colour corrected it. After doing this I was really happy with the shots and was now fully confident in how the video would come out. I am honestly so proud of the turn out because I had no knowledge of how to do it and its great when an idea you have finally starts coming to life.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors