Fiction Adaptation: Mood Board for Costume design


Ideas for costume design

Below I have created a mood board of the type of costume design I would like to have for my video. 


At first my initial idea was to have nude colours as this could heighten the purity of the skin. images such as this was my inspiration;





 

 However, as I gave it more thought, I realised that this does not exactly suit my piece as this would work better for a much lighter, brighter type of video. I could not imagine my dancers in nude colours in the darkness as much as I would if they were wearing darker colours. So I continued to look for more images as reference.



What I liked about these images is that the black colours seem much more uniformed than the nude colours. I like how the skin is exposed as well, I think it would still have the minimalistic effect that I am going for and would allow me to get good shots of the skin in motion. The dark colours in my opinion suit the dark theme I am going for, therefore I will continue with this idea. My next step will be to brief my dancers with these images to see if they have any items that are close to this and we can take if from there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors