Fiction Adaptation: Shooting day and reviewing the footage


Shoot Day


The only day I was able to have my shoot was the day before the rough cut deadline so I had major amounts of pressure on me to get every shot I needed, thats why pre production and preparation was so important. If I didn't get all the shots that I needed then there would be no way of re shooting due to time and also money as I chose to pay my dancers. I must admit, I was extremely happy with the shooting day because for the first time I felt positive, confident and this was all due to being organised. My dancers were SO cooperative and helpful. They made shooting so easy as they were able to listen, understand and create beautiful movements effortlessly.I realised that when you value people's art form they will value yours too. This is not always the case  but when it is, everything becomes a much better experience.

As I was not able to get the steadicam stabiliser, Ida had let me borrow her fig rig and it really helped me with some shots. There were a few times where it worked better without it because the rig would get hooked on the fabric and pull it down but it served it's purpose and I was happy with the results.

Even though I was prepared with my shot list, since it was hand written and on 3 pages, one of them was written on the back of another and so I forgot to get those shots until my dancers had left. I had to run and get them back because I realised it was the essential shots that I could not miss. Without it my reasoning for the change of nationality of the speaker would not be justified. In the end it taught me that maybe it would be better to type out a shot list in stead so I wont lose it at the back of a paper.


Reviewing the footage





I was super happy with the shots that I got, the came out much better than I thought they would, It was also really nice to see what the fabric set up looked like whilst the dancer's interacted with it. I cant wait to edit these shots and put it all together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors