Fiction Adaptation: Project Feedback From Helen



Today I had feedback from Helen where she went through my locations, script and possible cast. It was very helpful and necessary for me to know if I was on the right track or not. Her feedback is as follows; 


  • Make sure the poem is not drowned out by the dancers
  • Try to encorperate shots that will allow interesting transitions; e.g the moving fabric as a transition
  • make sure I brief the dancers on what emotion I am trying to convey in order to maximise the effect of the dancing
  • When editing I could even try to put the words on the screen to see how it would fit
  • Overall great idea and continue to enhance it

I enjoyed hearing the feedback from Helen because interestingly, some of the points she mentioned were thing that I had also thought about and it was nice to hear someone think along the same lines as me. I was also opened up to how important it is to shoot with the edit in mind, for example the transitions she mentioned. Now I will be able to add that to the shot list to get some extra shot to play around with. If it doesn't work out in the edit then at least I can say that I tried. Theres no harm in that at all. 


Next steps
  • Source dancers for adaptation
  • continue to develop the shot list for the adaptation and include extra, creative shots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors