Fiction Adaptation: Creating a mock soundtrack for the dancers

Creating a mock sound track

In order for my dancers to practice the movements on the shot list, I had to create a soundtrack for them to dance to. This meant that I had to; 

  • Find rights free music that matched the mood and pace that i was going for
  • Record a mock voice over in the same emotive way that I would want for the real one so they understand what kind of 
  • Not only this but I also thought it would be a good idea to write down who's part comes up at what times so it would be easier for the dances to navigate which parts they needed to go back to. 
The soundtrack


After spending some time on the internet finding rights free music that fit the mood I wanted, I went ahead and put it into premiere pro to create the video. The issue I had was that the song I liked was too short so I had to try and extend it within the edit and I also had to find another track to go with it because theres only so much copy and pasting you can do with a song before it becomes noticeable. overall I thought this was a good starting point and was good enough for my dancers to practice to. 

Next steps; 
  • Print off artist contracts and relevant paper work for the dancers
  • continue to source better music for the real edit
  • make sure shot list is complete with all the shots that are required

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors