News Unit: Green Screen Research


Green Screen Research

Since we have decided to use green screen for our news package, it is essential that we are all aware of what is needed to create the perfect, seamless keying out of the green screen. I have previously used this before and understand that there are plenty factors that must be controlled in order to so but since it has been a few years, it is important for me to revisit this and learn how to do it. Especially as our shoot day for the green screen is before the workshop with Ferg and Helen. It is important for us to get it right on the day. 



So, whilst researched I learnt how important it is to get the lighting right. The image below shows the ideal set up that can be used. 






In this image you can see the importance of having balanced light on both sides of the green screen to try and get 1 even colour.  And also the importance of having a well lit subject. I noticed that there is a backlight in this image. We will not be able to have a 5th lighting source to create that backlight, however, as we are using the lecture room 2, this room has a bright light that shines above the subjects and will act like an overall backlight. 

I also went onto youtube to look at how easy it would be to edit the footage and what precautions I should take in preparation for the shoot. 



Here is a helpful video that I found on youtube;


I found this video helpful because it allowed me to see a real life example of how a green screen set up should look and also it showed me how quick and easy it would be to key out all the green. I was reminded how important it was to not have your subject wear green and they should also not stand too close to the green screen itself as this may cause shadows which will later be an issue to solve. 

So all in all, I now know that my group and I really need to make sure that we plan our outfits wisely and pay close attention to the lighting set up on our shoot day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors