News Unit: Evolution of the Logo: From start to finish


Here is the First logo that I created. At the time I had really liked it but it was plain and lacked any depth. The colour schemes was also very basic and it needed something else but I wasn't sure what. 


Here is the second graphic, Inspired by Ferg's second after effects workshop where he showed us how to bevel and emboss and add depth to the objects. As you can see I had changed the colour schemes here because I felt like it was too babyish. However, I still wasn't happy with this one because I felt as though this style suited more of a gamer site and had too many harsh edges 

Here is the third logo that was made by Rosie, This was the real turning point for the logo because she gave me something that I could experiment with and build on. I loved the simplicity of it and I loved the pop of colour which made it that much more interesting. Not to mention how much it relates to our brand with the "face". Rosie showed us this and we all loved it. I went away and wanted to neaten it up a bit.





Here is the 4th stage of the logo, I thought it would've looked better and much neater in a circle. I found it interesting that the circle made it look even more like a face. The only thing that I wanted to change was the placement of the lettering. I felt that it looked a bit cluttered so I continued to have a little play around.




Rosie then said maybe we could have a world incorporated in there somewhere. So I continued to have a play around and this was the end result. I actually fell in love with it when I made it because everything just fit together so nicely. You've got the planet that could signify our global outreach and how far we want to get our message across. The closed eyes, symbolising how people can be blind to the things as they engage in these trends? And I purposely put the face value on top to make it look like a crown to illustrate empowerment. This looked really well with our stings and web page. I was really pleased about this and so was the rest of the group.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors