News Unit: Experimenting with colours and graphics

Colour experimentation

So, I wanted to have a look at selecting colours for the brand. My first instinct was to go for light pastel colours as they are somewhat "in" now. I thought this would be subtle yet colourful enough for a wide range of audience. 

Since we knew our name would be "Face Value" I knew that I wanted to create a logo that somehow incorporated this without saying the full words.I thought it would be much more stylish this way and very appealing so I went ahead and had a play around in photoshop with colours that I thought looked nice together. 

coulour scheme 1;



Logo 1 

Logo 2



I really liked the simplicity of logo 2 because of it's round edges and concise lettering within. I thought it was neat and nice, quite approachable but I still felt as though it was missing something but I'm still not quite sure what. I do believe it is good enough to go on with and try to build something with it. I believe that by having a rough idea of the colour schemes you want and having a rough idea of a logo, you have more than enough to go away and experiment with the graphics to see how feasible it actually is. 

Experimental Graphic sting;
So I took the liberty to go ahead and create an experimental graphic in After Effects. I wanted to see what the colours would look like as they move about so I went onto youtube and searched around for a few tutorials. I wanted to find a design that would allow me to play with the minimalistic colours and add a bit of dynamics to it. This is what I created;

What I loved about the animation is how great the colours looked together as they moved. I feel like the light pink really compliments the yellows and blues and it is something that we can build on. I feel confident with the design and I really hope my group will like it. If not, there is always room for improvement and we can always find an alternative. 


Next steps;

  • Produce these designs to the rest of the group and see what they would like to improve.
  • continue with branding and creating a consistent package. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors