Directions: Portrait: Final ideas



Final idea 

If decided that after gathering inspiration from a variety of places, there are a few elements from each that have stuck out to me the most. 

I will set up an installation in the corner of my room for the projection. I want to have two different sized boxes to be able to have a variety of sides to project different images on. 

I have been unable to test out the projection idea itself because the projector I ordered has not arrived yet. - I am unable to use the schools projector or conduct it ins school because the projector needs to be in a controlled environment, one were it cannot be moved and where the settings and aspect ratio of the projector cannot be changed. This would be very hard to do if I were to create the projection at Uni as there are so many varying factors that could disrupt it. Therefore I have chosen to set up a space in my room.


I then want to project different parts of my body on different sides of the boxes, all a variety of shot types and sizes;  


As the images change, I will have "flickering" sounds, as if I were flicking through photos.


  • I will then incorperate the inspiring idea of double exposure and project it onto the walls. Here is when I still keep my full identity hidden by only double exposing on different parts of my body. I will combine this with past videos of the places I have travelled and videos of "happy" times with my close friends. The sound will be a mixture of enhanced ambient sounds and diegetic sounds from the overlaying videos.




  • After about a minute of this, I then want the video to change from the projection to just a double exposure video. This time of my head, here I want to add images of my baby pictured before finally revealing my "current" face. 


The idea is to show everything that makes me who I am today, my experiences, my close friends and some of my memories. All of which will be embedded without the 2 minute video. It may sound a little bit complicated but once I find the right images and videos to double expose and combine, It shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. 




  • The tone I am going for is something like this; 

Something light to try and add a "nostalgic flashback" feel. 

What I need to do now is plan what shot types I want for the double exposure style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors