Directions: Final Cast


I was getting quite worried because I couldn't quite get a balance for the characters and no one else was applying. My actor Julien who I thought would've made a good Rick decided to withdraw his application after asking to see any previous work I had done. Wasn't too happy about that as I find it rather obnoxious, especially as you know you've just applied to a student project so of course I am no Steven Speilburg yet. I made sure I put it in capitals that it was a student project so I'm not sure what people were expecting. So now I was down to 3 actors and nobody else was applying. I decided to go and search for actors instead. I sent around 20 messages and only two people got back to me saying they were unavailable. 

Brian Potter was unavailable for the 6th which then brought me back down to 2 actors and no one suitable for Morgan. I was now stuck between someone with no experience but ready and willing to contribute and someone with experience who suited the part slightly more in terms of looks. So in the end I had to select Darren Hammock but I did feel bad about not selecting Aaron but I told him that I would keep him in mind for future productions and he was happy with that.  I managed to pull some strings and get my Dad and my step brother to play the part of Morgan and his son which worked out well because they were both available for that day .

Rick Grimes : Darren Hammock



Morgan: Willan Martin



Morgan's Son: Chad Lewis

Zombie 1: Lisa Marchioli


Zombie 2: Aureo Antonio


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors