'Wednesday' Written and directed by; Rob Sorrenti Produced by Oscar-nominated film director Stephen Daldry and supported by Working Title Films Screened at 50 Film Festivals around the world Won several awards and has signed by Shorts International - the world’s largest short film distributor The success of 'Wednesday' earned Sorrenti a nomination for Channel 4's Young Talent Award for best director. This short film is about a young man and woman who were born on the same day, at the same time, at the same hospital, and end up crossing paths again unknowingly at the same place. For me, without even watching the film I was instantly drawn to idea of it. I begun to think about all the possibilities that could happen within it so I went ahead watching with a positive outlook and it did not disappoint me one bit. I found this film such a delight to watch, it was light hearted yet carried quite serious themes but the way in which it was w...
Bryan Elsley, Jamie Brittain & Skins Skins is a British teen drama series which was broadcasted on E4 between 2007 - 2013. The series was written and created by Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain whom are both father and son. (pictured below) Before taking his career towards the theater industry, Bryan Elsley then went onto making short comedy sketches (Dusty and Dick) with Harry Enfield whom he met at university. Bryan continued to progress through his career after making a quite a few mini TV series but it wasn't until his adaptation of Lain Banks's 'crow road' that Elsley received the recognition that he needed within the television industry. Elsley has also written 'Dates'. A British mini series exploring all the possibilities that can occur whilst meeting someone for the first time. Dates have received quite high ratings overall and especially on IMDB. With an average of 7.8 out of 10 I think Bryan Elsley did a ...
Production days before rough cut hand in This day was a very interesting day for me as I learnt so much about myself, others and how to deal with certain situations. Actors First of all I felt really unprepared and nervous about the SFX and my actors. Just knowing that everyone was relying on me was so scary. I was delayed with the make up and it was a very windy, cold day. My actor was getting stroppy when I kept asking to do more takes from different angles and it was quite stressful. Because I knew the actor was cold, I tried my best to accommodate him and I also ended up restricting the amount of shots I re did because I didn't want everyone to be out in the cold too long. That was my biggest mistake. I should not have put the actor's feelings in front of the task at hand as much as I did because I ended up limiting my coverage which is never a good thing. When it came to edit I realised that there were shots that I forgot to film, even though I had the shot list at h...
Comments
Post a Comment