Major Project: Searching for Sound Ops


Finding a Sound Op

After having a very important meeting with my DOP, He alerted how important it is to get a good, confident sound operator, that way I won't need to worry about it on the day. At first I was going to use one of the students but I think I would still end up having doubts on the day so I want to look for a real industry professional. 

I decided to use Mandy.com because of its wide database. I love the fact you can search for crew as well so I made sure to make use of this feature by posting an advert. In the advert I wanted to give as much details as possible because I want the sound op to understand the working conditions and how many actors are involved because this would let them know what equipment they would need. 

The advert:

I made sure to add the script so they could review this as well. Surprisingly I have received 8 responses so far and they all seem very professional and have their own kit. The applicants; 





I was overwhelmed with the responses because it requires me to think about a wide variety of different aspects. It is very different than searching for actors, I am not thinking about what they look like, I have to consider what kit they have, the level of experience, the previous work they have worked on and make my decision from that. I have breifly looked at the profiles and so far I am aiming towards; 

Krzysztof Kiedo



I took a look at his personal website which he linked and his past credits where astonishing; 


His credits have given me confidence that his quality of work would exceed the standard that I require for mine. My next step would be to find out where he is based and go from there. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors