Major Project: Rosie's Production: Meeting about Test Shoot



Since I am the DOP and Camera woman for Rosie's production, it was important for me to understand her plans and what would be required of me from the test shoot. She also needed me to give her assistance on how to film the test shoot. 

The crash scene 

Since her production will include a crash scene, it was important for me to understand how to film this. I drew up a diagram to further understand how this scene will be shot; 



We decided that we will have Long shots for the exterior and close ups for the interior shots with the characters. The main concern that I explained to Rosie was that we have to be careful to not break the 180 degree rule when filming from front to back. She notified me that she imagined the conversation shots in the car between the two main characters being over the shoulder shots where I would be in the back seat. This could work but I worry that the logistics of this may be tricky if we are trying to avoid the 180 degree rule. Especially since this switches to a front view of the character. So, this meeting lets me know that when it comes to the test shoot, We will have to shoot a few variations to make sure we know which way would be best when it comes to the real shooting day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors