Major Project: Searching for more Cast (Mariette)


FINDING CAST AND CREW

My next task was to find an actress that was appropriate for the role of Mariette (Isaiah's Mum). I decided to use Mandy.Com as I really enjoy using this website. 

I didn't want to create a new listing because I would then have to wait for it to be accepted. I wanted to take control on who would fit the part better so I decided to use the "actor search" feature to generate suitable candidates. 

I then created a shortlist on people I thought fit the part, lived locally and was interested in short films (based on their profile interests). Below is a list of 5 women who I shortlisted and eventually messaged regarding the role. 





When contacting the actresses I wanted to clearly lay out the requirements of the role as well as the rate of pay. This is the message that I sent out to all candidates; 


I even attached the script for their review, thus making it easier for them to make a decision. Below are the responses I received. 








The majority were not interested apart from one person; 
Colette Zacca



After reviewing Collette's showreel I realised she had quite a strong lisp and I worry that it may distract the viewer but it isn't a major issue, especially if I'm not able to find anyone else. I think I could make it work but I am still waiting for her to respond to me whether she wants to take part in it or not.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions: Drama: SFX make up

Directions: Self Portrait: The Development of the idea and Test Footage

Major Project: Table Read with actors